I’ve been a careers advisor for more than 10 years and love what I do. But I’ve also experienced career change, including redundancy and returning to the job market after having children. So I know some of the challenges that people face over the course of their careers.
After graduating, I worked for 15 years in the commercial sector, including in management roles for two large corporates, TUI and Arcadia.
After having children, I was looking for a different kind of career, one that was more people focussed. I decided to qualify as a career coach via a Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance from Reading University (passing with distinction in 2008). I have 10 years experience of working with individuals and groups in the commercial, public and charitable sectors and established my own coaching business in 2014.
I am aware of the challenges that people face in their careers and in navigating the jobs market, whether it’s moving to a new role or organisation, facing an enforced transition (as in redundancy or organisational change), or returning to work following a career break. I know that these changes are difficult to deal with alone, and that planning and help from a professional careers advisor can really help.
Why work with me
- Over 10 years’ experience as a career coach, helping hundreds of people from a wide range of roles and industries achieve their career goals.
- Outplacement experience with clients from major companies including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Lloyds Banking Group, Bank of America, Sky Television, Royal Mail and the General Medical Council. I have a 100% success rate of helping these people back to work.
- 15 years’ business experience, in different industries and sectors.
- An undergraduate business degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance (a taught Masters level course) with Distinction.
- A Registered Professional of the Career Development Institute. I follow their Code of Ethics which supports independent, impartial and confidential careers advice.